Frequently Asked Questions
& Other Information
NATA EducATe Membership Credits
All NATA members who have renewed their membership in full are eligible for up to $150 credit to use towards purchases in NATA EducATe.
NATA EducATe credits are available to be redeemed February through December and expire at midnight CST Dec. 31 of the membership year. Members who join after October are joining for the upcoming year and will not receive a credit until February of their membership year.
How to use your NATA membership credit:
- Sign in to NATA EducATe with your NATA login and password.
- Search the Course Catalog for desired course(s).
- Select the courses you'd like to purchase and add them to your cart.
- At checkout, click on the "Use Prepaid Balance", select the courses you wish to purchase using your credits, and then complete your purchase.
- The course(s) you just purchased will now be found in "My Dashboard" under the status filter of "In Progress."
Need more help? View this Help Document with step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
Refunds must be requested within 30 days of purchase and will be refunded to the original form of payment.
If you would like to request a refund, please complete the Refund Request form located on the Contact Us page.
No refunds will be issued for courses purchased beyond 30 days.
Refunds will only be issued for Courses that have not been completed (Assessment / Exam not taken) in the form of the original payment as stated above.
NATA also reserves the right to Retire a Course if it in some way becomes Invalid.
NATA does not process Refunds for Courses of Type "Webinars", "Course Bundles", or "Group Rate Courses" unless a specific written request is submitted.
NATA does not offer Refunds on Virtual, Encore, or Specialty Events. Exceptions will be considered for emergencies if a written request is submitted.
NATA also reserves the right to deny a Refund at its own discretion.
NATA also reserves the right to change this policy without notice.
Accessing Purchased Courses
Access your purchased courses through the Course Dashboards page.
My Dashboard contains your On-Demand Courses, Event Packages, JAT Quizzes, and Live Webinars. "Filter by Status" at the top of the page to show Incomplete, Completed, or All Courses. You can also access your Pre-Paid Balance (Membership Credit $) and your Earned Badges.
Multi-Course Dashboard contains your courses that have prerequisite requirements. This includes Certificates such as Master Preceptor I & II, Series with prereqs such as Sports Science, and Microcredentials that are coming soon.
Screen Not Displaying Properly:
If you are unable to see the entire screen or pop up box, your screen resolution/size may be set too high to display the entire area properly. Try zooming out by holding ctrl and pressing the - key until the desired size is found. You can also access the zoom in/out feature by using the three dot top menu icon on most browsers.
If you are experiencing issues with your video such as not being able to access, buffering, or your assessment does not unlock, it is likely that your computer/network is blocking the tracking of the video. This often happens at schools and businesses that have networks with a firewall or malware software installed on their computers. If you are using a school/business computer or internet connection, try watching the videos at home using your personal computer on your home Wi-Fi network or on a cellular device such as a phone or tablet. If you are unable to use a personal device on your own network, you may need to ask your IT Team to check if your school/business computer’s browser settings are correct or if there are any access restrictions in place for Vimeo video viewing & tracking from your computer or internet network.
While viewing the video, do not navigate away from the browser tab. Tracking will stop if you minimize the window or navigate to another tab/window.
You must watch the entire video to unlock the assessment.
If you are accessing from your personal computer on your home internet and are still having trouble with video tracking, try these steps:
- Clear your Browser Cache, Cookies, and History. Need help? Use this link to help clear your Browser Cookies, Cache and History. You may have to login again after clearing.
If you are experiencing other technical issues or have a question regarding a course, please contact us using the Tech Help form on the Help/Contact Us page.
How Do I Access My Statement of Credit?
You are required to complete the following before a Statement of Credit is produced.
- View and complete all course components (videos, handouts, interactive components, etc.).
- Achieve a passing score of 70% or better on the assessment.
- Complete (including open ended questions) the course evaluation.
- Your Statement of Credit will be available to print instantly upon completion of the course evaluation, and then can also be found by accessing "My Transcript" from the left-side menu.
Expiration Date Policy
You will generally have 12 months from the date of purchase to complete your course (unless otherwise noted in the course). If not completed by the Purchase Expiration Date, the course will be removed from your account. Before any course is expired, you will receive multiple email reminders that your expiration date is approaching. A refund will not be issued when the course is removed, but you will have the opportunity to purchase it again if you desire. Course expiration dates are intended to:
- Allow you the time needed to complete purchased courses
- Encourage utilizing courses in a timely manner that enhances patient care and continuous learning
- Ensure purchased courses do not sit forgotten and unused
Exceptions: Certain specialty courses such as certificates or microcredentials may have extended expiration dates of 18 or 24 months that will be noted in the course summary. The only exception to the Purchase Expiration Date being less than 12 months from the date of purchase would be the following:
- Courses within special events such as Virtual Conferences, Encore Events, etc. will only be available during the advertised window. These courses will expire at the end of the event window and must be completed before the last day of the event at 11:59pm CT.
- The BOC Expiration Date comes before the 12 month Purchase Expiration Date. The BOC Expiration Date is essentially the date that a course is no longer valid in line with the current practice analysis. In this case, a refund will not be offered.
- NATA also reserves the right to retire a course if it in some way becomes invalid. If that happens, we will work with you to correct the situation. This will be corrected by offering a refund in the form of original payment or an exchange for an equivalent valued course.
I failed an assessment. Can I retake it?
Yes. You may take an assessment a total of three (3) times. After the third failed retake, the course is marked as failed and will remain in your dashboard until it expires (365 days from the purchase date). Once it expires, you will have the opportunity to purchase and retake the course, if desired. If you need to repurchase the course before the expiration date, complete the contact form below to request that your course be expired immediately.
How do I find my Statements of Credit for attending NATA Convention or other Events?
NATA Provider Number
NATA is recognized by the Board of Certification (BOC), to offer Continuing Education (CE) for Certified Athletic Trainers. Our Provider Number is: P100
Alternatively, You can find this information in the bottom paragraph of your Statement of Credit that shows your CEUs. The provider number is next to the BOC AP#.
How do I report my CEUs?
Your CEUs are reported through the Board of Certification, Inc. (BOC). Go to www.bocatc.org to report your CEUs.
Those who take part in any NATA meeting or event, whether in-person or virtual, must treat each other with civility, courtesy and respect (both face-to-face and online). This means refraining from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior, materials, and speech. Failure to do so may result in removal from the event. (Also see NATA's Non-Discrimination Policy.)
NATA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age. NATA is committed to accessibility and non-discrimination in all aspects of its continuing education activities. Participants who have special needs are encouraged to contact program organizers so that all reasonable efforts to accommodate these needs can be made.
It is the responsibility of athletic trainers to assure any techniques they perform are within the scope of their state practice acts. All materials presented in our educational programs are made available for educational purposes only. These materials are not intended to represent the only, or necessarily the best, methods or procedures appropriate for each situation discussed, but is intended to present an approach, view, statement or opinion of the authors or presenters that may be helpful or of interest to other practitioners.